CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The big week

We leave tomorrow for SLC. We are going to PCMC for some preliminary work and a short intro to the hospital class and then we wait to hear back about what time the surgery will be on Tuesday (BIG SIGH). Here we go!
I have prayed and have felt from the beginning of all this that everything will be okay. There has still been in that back of my mind all the "what if's" and I got to wondering if that meant my faith wasn't as strong as I have thought it to be. Then last night I went to the adult session of our stake conference where Elder Jeffery R Holland was speaking and his words were very comforting. As I was leaving with my parents, I decided I wanted to share with him my feelings of gratitude, thinking how many times would I get to tell an Apostle of the Lord how his words helped me? As I approached him to shake his hand I of course started to cry I was so over come. He and his sweet wife embraced me, he told me that things would work out and looking into my eyes he said angels would be around Jac's bed comforting him.
This was such a sweet experience, one that I will always cherish. I wanted to share this with my friends and family and thank you all for your prayers. I will keep you posted on the week to come.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! What an awesome experience! We will be praying for Jac! Good luck with everything.

LisaJ said...

Lacie, your post had me crying too. We will keep Jac in our prayers as well. If you need anything, please give me a call!!

Alisha said...

Good luck with all of that! Primary Children's is a great place. My cousins little guy spent a lot of time there the first 6 months of his life and they worked wonders:)

Barbara C. said...

Love your blog and feel very privileged to know the special moment shared with Elder Holland and his wife. Mike and I and Jessica submitted Jac's name in the temple yesterday along with parents for extra strength and peace. All our love and prayers with your family at this time. Kisses and hugs as well.

Our Family

Our Family