CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 9, 2013

Moving

I think I have put this off as long as I can.  I have such torn emotions when I think about leaving Enoch. Almost 4.5 years ago when Jeremy and I moved here, I never dreamed of becoming so attached.  But this little "fix 'er up 'er" that we bought has become such a wonderful home filled with such great memories. I sit and look around at the rooms and look at all that we have done and it makes me sad to leave it.  Even though I have a tiny kitchen and no AC :)
I looked at my children playing in the back yard the other day and watched as the ran around (in the dirt) the .50 acre we have and it made smile to see them have all this room to run and play.  I'm going to miss my friends,  this includes all the people in my church ward, because they are all my friends.  I have NEVER been in a ward that has felt more like home.  Even my home ward doesn't feel like home the way this place has.  I get attached to people and I don't think they realize how much they mean to me, but the thought of not seeing most of these people again, makes me sad.  It really is like a family.  You have the "siblings" you get along with the ones you are casual with, the fun "grandmas" that sneak your kids candy, the "grandpas" that tease, the kooky "aunts" that make you smile, the crazy ones that you try to understand, but don't and the fun "uncles" the share their funny stories and help out others.  And then there are your sisters.  The ones that have come into your life and you know that you were meant to know them in this life because you had promised each other in the life we had before.   The ones that have taught you and who have been there as a shoulder to cry on and a cheerleader to share in your successes.  Man, I'm really going to miss them and I pray with all my heart we never get to busy to stay in touch.
I am moving in with my parents for a month or two until Baby Kate is born. With the timing of everything it doesn't look like we will close on our house here in Enoch with enough time to close on our house in Santaquin before she get here.  I would just stay here in Enoch, but Jac is ready to start Kindergarten and instead of starting him here, then moving him to Washington then again to Santaquin, it makes the most sense to just move him the one time in school.
There is a quote I heard once:
"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
-Joseph Cambell
This year has definitely been one for letting go of what I have had planned. 
I really can't believe I am moving back in with my parents again.  Don't get me wrong, I am SO grateful they are letting me, but being 8 months pregnant  I REALLY wish I had my own place.  I feel so displaced right now.  And my brother and his wife are living there too and when I think of being there I hear noise. Lots and lots of noise. 
When my friend Lee and I were younger, we used to talk about Someday.  Someday we would be out of school, Someday we would be married and Someday we would have kids... When I think of the Someday I will have my own house again and live with my husband under the same roof again, it makes me smile and all of the sadness of leaving Enoch, of the chaos of moving back home, the frustration of not being able to nest and have a place ready for my baby girl and not bringing home two babies and dealing with moving my son  to a new school and figuring out how we are going to make it seems to quiet my mind and I think "this is a good thing".  
"With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. Face your doubts. Master your fears. “Cast not away therefore your confidence.” Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."
-Jeffery R. Holland
So, I will pack my bags and box up the rest of my things and I will go .There will be tears, but i will just do what I have been doing this whole year... I will put my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father, because by this point I have come to accept that he sees what is in store for me down the road and he knows what he is doing.   And even though this is not how I pictured my life to go this year, I know that he has his reasons.  
So good bye my little green house, you will always be loved and thought of fondly.  Thank you for the safety and security you have given my family and I hope the next family puts as much into you, because I know that you will give them that much more.
P.S.  I will NOT miss the donkey across the street though :)

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family