CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

I can take a deep breath and...

let it out now.
The last few weeks have been kind of stressful. Two Saturdays ago we were in Washington to celebrate my sister-in-law and my Mom's birthday. We had a a great time. We played that new dance game that is out for the Wii and it was hilarious! Jeremy won almost every song he did and I think it was driving some of my sisters nuts :) I wouldn't mind working out to that everyday. I'm so uncoordinated that I probably just looked like I was having a seizure. The next day I did some facials for some friends and family. It was a lot of fun and I am learning more and more every time I do them so it was great. That night my 10 yr old niece competed in Hurricane Idol (a fund raiser they do for Hurricane High Schools grad night). She has been competing for 3 years now and this was the first year I could make it. She sang "Suds in the Bucket", and I was able to do her hair and makeup. We had to tone down her lipstick though... she put on some pretty dark red and her mom said "no way"! She did awesome and made it on to the next round. Which was a week later (last Saturday) . When the competition was all over we got all packed to come home and realized that Jac's car seat was in my sister's car and she and her husband were on a date... they didn't get back till 12:30am and we thought that was a little late to be traveling so we stayed the night.
Sunday morning we received a phone call from my uncle in Randlett, his son had been killed that morning in a work accident. Cody was only 32 and such a fun, caring guy. I wanted to do something for my Aunt and Uncle and so I asked Jeremy if he would draw a picture of him and he jumped on the opportunity. My Dad said he would make a frame. I finally found a picture of him Tuesday night. His daughter had posted one of him and her on fb and so I printed it off and Jeremy used it. It happened to be the same picture his family used for the program. It was such a sad tragedy, but we are so thankful for the knowledge of eternal families. That there is life after death and that we will get to see Cody again someday.



This week we are packing and planning to go to Disneyland on Saturday. We are going to drive to Las Vegas on Saturday and stay with a friend of mine. Then Sunday we will drive the rest of the way and spend three days at Disneyland! We wanted to go before Jac turns 3 (he is free if he is still 2) and I am excited to see him when he sees Mickey Mouse. I will let you know how the trip goes!
Also some exciting news is that Jeremy's car is finally in the shop!!! I can't wait to have my car back!

Update: Eden competed in the finals for Hurricane Idol just this last Saturday and she won in her age division!!! She sang "Suds in the Bucket" again and "Black Horse and Cherry Tree". Congrates Edie, We love you!






5 comments:

Allens said...

Awesome picture! Sounds like life is good for you guys, you deserve the break :)

Michelle said...

Yeah for your niece. Yeah for your car. Beautiful, yet sad, picture. Does Jeremy do portraits? If so, what does he charge? Your weekend sounds very bitter sweet and I hope the sweet will win out eventually.

Lacie said...

Michelle, yes, Jeremy does portraits. I'm not sure about prices but I will ask him.

Lacie said...

Michelle, Portraits are $150 for a family or $50 for an individual. If the family is larger than 6, $25 is added per person.

Lyna said...

I am interested in Jeremy Doing my Family What do i need to do? Call me 864-354-6131

Our Family

Our Family