CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas and a New Year!

It seems like it has been a while since I have had the time to sit and write. I have been meaning to, but... life happens :)
Christmas has come and gone and do has the first half of January. Time seems to have sped up without notifying me. We had a great Christmas. We wanted to spend Christmas morning at our house and so we went to Washington and had Christmas Eve dinner with my family which was nice because my Dad got to be home and we hadn't seen him in a while. I made this Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie which I was SO looking forward to, but because of a little error in the type of salt I used it ended up being really salty... I just added more chocolate and some whip cream and that made it better. We handed out our gifts, which was homemade beanie hats and went and played tag down at the park with all the lights on. It was a lot of fun.
The next morning we all woke up around 8am which is really sleeping in for my kids. I thought that they would have had us up at 6:30 like they do every morning, but maybe that was their Christmas gift to me ;) We set up the video camera and got the kids as they came into the room. Jac was so excited for his fire truck, Toy Story 3 chair and the Spider Man punching bag. Reese just love the wrapping paper. After cleaning up we got ready and drove to West Jordan to see Jeremy's family. Almost the whole way up it was foggy and really fun to drive through. We had such a nice time visiting with everyone. We hadn't seen some of his siblings in a long time. It was the first time Reese had met some and Jac had a blast with his cousins Dominic, Porter and Lincoln. We all exchanged gifts and had a wonderful meal. It really was a great day.
Since then we have been battling a few illnesses. From Bronchitis to ear infections and sore throats to migraines. We are still on some meds, but are basically over it. I hope that we all stay healthy for a while now.
With the start of the new year, Jeremy has started back to school and it has been quite and change for us. We still only have one car and it makes for some long days in the house. So I have decided that I am going to start bundling the kids up and on nice days we are going to go for walks. I just might go crazy if I don't :)
Everyone is doing great though. Jac is starting to talk to much. His new word is "what". He says it usually after we have asked him to do something and he had this incredulous tone that it just makes me laugh. Reese is sitting up now and quite the little babbler. She also love to make airplane sounds when it's time to eat. Thus resulting in baby food everywhere. She's so cute when she does it though it's hard to stay upset. Well, I think this is long enough... I'll try not to let it be so long before my next post so that I don't have to write a novel. Thanks for reading!
Here are some pictures, enjoy!


This is a video of Jeremy feeding Reese.

1 comment:

Allens said...

That is the cutest little dance I have ever seen! It's nuts how big kids get so fast :)

Our Family

Our Family