CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Double Whammy!

I have been meaning to blog for a few days now, I thought I would shock you all if I posted to close together though :)  just kidding, but really this is like some sort of record for me.

Some more exciting news around our house is that we are expecting our "third" baby in September!! I am 13 weeks and 2 days.  The reason I put quotations around "third" is because that is what we expected.  When I went in for my 11 week check up my Dr. (Steven Newman) could not find the heart beat so we went in and did a quick ultrasound.  We saw the baby, only one, and everything looked great!  I don't know if any other woman is like me, but I tend to get nervous like a week before my appointments and then when I hear/see the heartbeat I am so comforted and that is what gets me to my next appointment (at least a week before it :) ).  Well last Thursday I started spotting and worried because this was not normal for me.  I never spotted with my first two so of course I called my Dr.  He told me to relax and assured me he thought everything was fine and told me to come in the next morning.  I was so nervous the rest of the night and the next morning.  When I got there and waited and waited and waited in the exam room, my mind was jumping from over thinking the situation to being absolutely blank.  When he came in again he assured me he thought everything was okay and had me lay down to do another ultrasound.  I smiled and just kept breathing not trying to think anything until I saw for myself.  He chatted a little about stuff as he was putting the gel on and finding his bearings and then tilted the monitor so that I could watch.  When he showed my uterus he stopped talking and I thought that it was needing some time to focus because he kept going back and forth from two spots and there were two babies... two... I looked from one to the next looking for heartbeats on both and watching to see if they were moving at different times. When he didn't say anything after a bit I tentitvly asked:
"Is that two..."
"Yep, yes it is!"
I think I kind of held my breath at that point.
"Look he said, this one has the hiccups and that one is kicking! There are definantly two!" he said and then started laughing.  "I'm sorry, I just really don't know what else to do."
All I could get out was "WOW, I was not expecting that at all!"
I don't think I will ever forget that feeling of staring at the screen seeing those two unexpected babies.  Just a week before I stared at the same monitor and watched one baby.  Needless to say, I was a little bit in shock :)  It has been a few days now and I still can't believe it!  I get super excited and then super nervous and just have to keep telling myself that it will all work out and it will be great!
  
I know it just looks like blobs in this picture, but the ultrasound was so clear.  I could see all four legs and arms and two little heartbeats :)

 So by "third" baby, I really mean third and fourth.

3 comments:

JennyJ said...

Love you posted. I expect lots more post! :)
I can't wait to meet these two!

Allens said...

Thats insane! A good insane though :) A lady in our ward has identical twin girls, Jaymes cousin just delivered identical twin girls and another lady I follow her blog is having twin boys. Twins are big right now LOL Good luck cant wait to hear coming updates...

Michelle said...

Congrats! Let me help in any way you want. Being overwhelmed isn't necessary when you have friends.

Our Family

Our Family