CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Thank Goodness for Family

For a little while now my car has been shaking and I just thought it was my car being dumb. Well last Friday I was heading down to Hurricane/St. George and it was so bad, I thought my car was falling apart! So I called my Dad who was working in Hurricane and had him take a look at my tires. Just looking at them, they didn't look to bad, but he told me to go see a guy at a shop there in town. Luckily my sister Tara lives in town and was home. I was able to drop my kids off while I took the car in. The guy took it on a test drive and then they put it up on the lift. He asked me if I wanted to come take a look, which I thought was weird. I've never been asked to go out like that before. The rear tires on the out side looked fine, but on the inside where it was harder to see they were COMPLETELY bald. The wires were showing and it was worn down as low as they could go without blowing. In fact the guy said we were really lucky they didn't. So I bought 2 new tires and he told me I would need an alignment. I had to go to St. George to get that done though and my mom was able to watch the kids then. $290 dollars later I have a safe car :) I am grateful that I have family close and that they were willing to watch my kiddos while I did that. I had no idea my car was that unsafe and I didn't have to try and entertain them while in a tire store. That would not have been fun at all! So thank you Tara and Mom who made spending that much money on my car a lot less painful!

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family